- Shop Local Artisans Online
- Artisans within our local communities create some of the best gifts to give.
- Locally-Made Films
- Our area has so many creative people! Here, we'd like to highight a few local films by filmakers from or living in our area, or productions being filmed our our towns.
- Fill the Food Pantries
- Let's work together to fill the food pantries! Find one near you so we can serve our neighbors in need.
- Holiday Collection
- A collection of things to do and ways to be inspired this year.
- Local Holiday Treasures
- Check out these classic must-visits for the holidays. These attractions are sure to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Adopt a Family This Holiday Season
- Participate in a gift-giving program and help someone in need.
- All Aboard!
- Take a ride through time on these three tourist-friendly railroads!
- Explore Botanical Beauty
- 3 Garden Attractions you must visit.
- Adventures on the Water
- Water sports and recreation opportunities.
- Immerse Yourself in our Cultural Heritage
- Visit these 6 amazing cultural attractions!
- Take a Tasting Adventure
- Discover our breweries, wineries and distilleries.
- American Treasure Tour Museum
- Amazing collection of miniature circuses and sideshow art, classic automobiles,
and twentieth century popular culture of all varieties.
- Getting Your Workout in the Garden
- By Guest Writer Sheila Olson. For an effective workout that connects
you to the earth as well as your home, try gardening. This outdoor activity helps
strengthen your body while contributing to the environment.
- The Corner Shop
- By Guest Writer Eileen MacAniff. Home dï¿½cor and gift store
where lovers of unique items and personal service will want to visit.
- These Activities Are Perfect for Restless Kids Who Are Stuck Indoors
- By Guest Writer Sheila Olson. As much as kids enjoy splashing around in
mud puddles or having snowball fights, the weather is sometimes simply too nasty to go
outside. However, just because kids are stuck indoors doesn't mean they need to be
bored. Here are five fun activities to keep your kids entertained and learning
no matter what the forecast looks like.
- Eagles Flying High
- Todd O Original Blues Rock Song
- Safely Work Out in Cold Weather
- By Guest Writer Sheila Olson. Just because it's cold
outside doesn't mean we want to pass up on our exercise routines. Staying
healthy and active is important in every month. The good news is there
are ways to safely keep yourself in shape or well.
- Staying Fit: How to Keep That New Year's Resolutions
- By Guest Writer Sheila Olson. Many of us make a resolution to get fit in the new year, but it can be hard to keep that promise.
- 12 Days of Naughty Elves
- By Guest Writer Candy Hoehn.
What if the elf got into some mischief while at your house?
- Residential Holiday Lights
- A great family activity during the holiday season is to pack in the car and take a driving tour of the
neighbors who work so hard to adorn their homes in Christmas light cheer.
- MINIMUS - A Community Tiny House Project
- Minimus is a mobile, tiny house project designed to inspire a more Earth-conscious community.
The Minimus team has demonstrated the building process of a fully functional, off-grid living space
while educating the community on how to integrate sustainability.
- Wrapping Presence
- By Guest Writer Eileen MacAniff. A dedicated core of over 700 volunteers
bring these stores into existence a few hours a day for the enjoyment of homebound residents.
These amazing volunteers set up
and decorate festive Christmas 'shops' inside the nursing homes. When the shopping is done a few
hours later, the stores disappear again until the following year.
- Central Bucks Family YMCA Veterans Luncheon
- By Guest Writer Eileen MacAniff. It started out small, as many wonderful things often do. In November
of 2011, a group of employees at the Central Bucks Family YMCA wished to recognize the Y's military members for
Veterans Day. With assistance from the Village Improvement Association of Doylestown (VIA), their wish became reality.
- 3 'Spirits' of Halloween in Bucks County
- By Guest Writer Eileen MacAniff. Features "Mercer's Night Tales at Fonthill",
"Pearl S. Buck House Ghost Tours", and "Ghost Tours of New Hope".
- Wings of Freedom Aviation Museum
- The museum's mission is to preserve aviation history in the greater
Delaware Valley, including the contributions of Harold F. Pitcairn and the
men and women who served at NASJRB Willow Grove
- Haunted Attractions
- Map of the best Halloween Haunted Attractions in our entire region.
- Jack-O-Lantern Attractions
- "Pumpkinfest" in Doylestown, "Amazing Pumpkin Carve" in Titusville,
"Jack-O-Lantern Lane" in Allentown, "The GLOW" in Philly,
and "The Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze" in Croton-on-Hudson, NY.
- Haunted Places
- Reported hauntings.
- Fall Foliage
- The best road and railroad scenic tours.
- Fall Farm Festivities
- It's not fall without a hayride and some apple picking! Enjoy this map of local
farms and attractions to take your family and meet some friends, all while supporting your local farm!
- Save the Monarchs
- The key to saving the monarch, is the milkweed plant. This is how you can help.
- Get Ready for the Eclipse
- In preparation for the solar eclipse of August 2017, this page
included links to eclipse parties as well as the exact
view of the eclipse for the duration over each location.
- Tick Prevention and Management
- Tick prevention, checking, management, and removal.
- Green Cleaning Guide
- Recycling is one of the easiest ways to help the environment. But it can also be confusing.